Your CV is your first impression on the company. That's why it should be optimally designed. We have already written about what is important for you in an earlier blog post: In drei Schritten zum gelungenen Lebenslauf.
In this blog post, we explain how you can turn your CV into a real eye-catcher in just a few minutes thanks to ChatGPT.
Many companies use (partially) automated applicant tracking systems (ATS) that automatically analyze incoming applicants for certain keywords. Here in particular, ChatGPT can be extremely useful to help you stand out from the crowd.
The advantages of AI-based CVs
ChatGPT, Bard and other AI tools can not only generate text, but also help customize your resume to meet the needs of ATS software. Here are some benefits you can enjoy when using AI for your resume.:
- Time saving Writing a resume from scratch can be time-consuming. AI makes it possible to speed up this process and give you more time for other important aspects of the job search.
- Automatic grammar and spell checker: AI goes beyond simple spell checking and helps to ensure that not only every word is spelled correctly, but also that what is written retains a common thread for the reader.
- Adaptation to different role requirements: With AI, you can quickly and easily adapt your CV to the specific requirements of a job. This is crucial to stand out in a competitive job market.
- Inspiration: The ability to use ChatGPT for your CV can help you overcome writer's block. The AI's answers are very good building blocks for your CV and may give you even more inspiration.
How to use ChatGPT effectively for your CV
- Write a convincing summary: Use ChatGPT to turn your original summary into a powerful representation of your skills. For example, use this template to optimize your resume:
"Based on this original summary and the following resume, create an improved and powerful summary for me. Include those desirable words and phrases, use data to support soft skills wherever possible, and optimize for both SEO and ATS keywords."
- Use meaningful bullet points: Let ChatGPT turn your bullet points into clear and supportive ideas. Make sure to include numbers and dates to emphasize the impact of your achievements. To achieve these results, you could use this prompt:
"Using the dates and numbers provided, create three to five concise bullet points for my responsibilities at [Employer 1, Employer 2, Employer 3]. Make sure the numbers are connected to the effects and make sure you always support adverbs."
- Pay attention to linguistic consistency: Use AI to create a consistent tone for your resume. Consistency is key to making a professional impression.
But: Don't forget the human touch
While AI provides valuable support when writing a CV, it is important not to neglect the human perspective. An experienced consultant, coach or recruiter can provide valuable insights and ensure that your resume is not only appreciated by algorithms, but also by humans. Also, AI's suggestions are often very superficial, it can't see inside you (not yet at least), so these should only ever be seen as suggestions and inspiration.
In an era where ATS systems are influencing the job search path, integrating AI into the resume process may be just what your career needs to stand out. So, why not take advantage of technology and take your resume to the next level with ChatGPT? Your professional future could benefit from it.
By the way: We not only offer great jobs in the life sciences, but also a free CV check!
Send us your CV to email@example.com and ask one of our recruiting experts to take a close look at your CV and give you some helpful tips.